ABOUT THIS BOOK
This Book clarifies many doubts on spiritual matters & religious rituals. It shows the correct way to follow the scriptures in modern times. It has convincing answers for modern mind. All answers are backed with proper evidences from scriptures and practice. The answers given in these books are based on our Vedas, scriptures and they are authentic and genuine. There are also some practical suggestions that take into account current various authorities in our Vedas and sastras. This will assist further the cause of helping people understand our various rituals and practices well. Even more importantly it will guide them to do the right things
About the Author
Brahmasri V. Rajagopala Ganapatigal, is a Salakshana Ganapatee, Editor of the Spiritual Magazine “Vaithikasri”, Publisher of many books on Dharma Sastras and a renowned Vedic Scholar, Shri Rajagopala Ganapatigal is a Great priest and a proficient Lecturer on Ramayana, Bagavatha, Maha Bharatha puranas today. He lives in Chennai. His aim is to impart Vedic Sciences & Sastras in the Traditional Gurukulam method and also study of other related subjects in depth, is conducting daily classes, holding weekly meetings and publishing books. To enforce spiritual studies by augmenting spiritual training centers for general public also. www.vaithkasri.com
(Contents of Doubts Part-1&2 )
1. DIVINE WORSHIP (WORSHIPPING THE GOD)
1. At the temple of ‘Ganesha’ when we chant the slokams ‘Suklam Bharadharam’ we strike our head with our knuckles. Is there any count to do this or are we to do this till we finish the entire chanting of the sloka?
2. Can we perform Archana to lord Ganesha with the Thulasi? (Basil)
3. What is the procedure to do Abhishekam (Holy Bath) to lord Shiva and what are the twelve items can be used for this purpose?
4. Are we to do daily ‘Abhishekam’ to the idols we worship at our house?
5. Which is better to use, whether ghee or oil to light lamp in temples?
6. When we don’t get a specific mantra for a specific deity for Archana can we chant the mantras of other deities during archana?
7. During Dhanur masa pooja we do nivedhanam before sun rise. Can we consume this after the sunrise? Will it not be affected with ‘Yadayama Dosham’? (Impurity for old stuffs).
8. Is it essential that Samprokshanam (Installation ceremony) has to be performed for a newly bought Salagramam before starting the daily pooja at our house?
9. Is there any set rule to pluck the Basil leaves from the plant and to do archana with Basil Leaves?
10. Is there any sloka to pluck the Bilva leaf from the tree?
11. Can we do homams during evenings and night times?
12. When you start ‘Aupaasanam’ with a fresh fire, do you need to do the homam for previous day evening along with todays morning homam?
13. What is Thila Homam? Can we do this at our house?
14. Why do we do ‘Prathyangara Homam’?
15. Some people say that it is good to create the fire out of churning the logs of papal tree against each other and to do the marriage from this fire and to start Aupasana Homam from the same fire. Is it correct?
16. I am very eager to get an Upadesham of a manthra.Which is the right time for it?
17. It is essential that only through Guru, we should initiate the mantra and do the japam of the same?
18. What happens if we change the swaram or letters of mantras? Is it not enough that we chant these mantras with pure heart?
19. What are the types of seating we can use for doing manthrajapam? Can you explain the different results of various seating?
5. IN TEMPLES.
20. How to do Pradakshinam in temples? What is the number of Pradakshinams for different Gods?
21. What is Somasutra Pradakshinam? And How to do the same?
22. Can we do pradakshinam with Chappals on our feet?
23. Why do, we do the early morning pooja in all temples only during Margazhi month (Dhanur Masya)?
24. In our temples, after the daily pooja ends, and when we tell Swasthi Vachanam what we have to say in Sanskrit? To attain world peace, plenty of water, lot of pooja, homams and total welfare of the people of our country and as well as for the world?
6. FOR LADIES.
25. Can ladies do pranayamam?
26. During Navarathri, can ladies do pooja alone for Devi?
27. Can ladies do parayanam of Srimad Ramayanam and Bhagavatham etc?
28. Can females have manthropadesam from an Acharya? How to decide, the manthram for their japam?
29. What is Sashtanga Namaskaram? Can ladies do this type of namaskaram?
30. Can ladies do panchakshara Manthra japam alone?
31. On which days ladies can change their Sacred Thread of Mangalyam?
32. Can a wife call her husband by name?
33. Is there any specific manthram
Q-103 WHY WE DIFFERENTIATE PEOPLE AS VAISHNAVA, SMARTHA, OR MADHVA?
Q-104 IS IT A MUST THAT WE SHOULD BUY GOLD ON THE DAY OF ‘AKSHAYA THRITIYAI’?
Q-105 WE CELEBRATE SRI RAMA NAVAMI IN TWO WAYS SUCH AS ‘GARBHOTHSAVAM’ AND ‘JANANOTHSAVAM. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Q-106 WHY MALES WEAR DHOTHI AS PANCHA KATCHA AND FEMALES WEAR SARI WITH MADISAR?
Q-107 CAN WE GIFT (DANAM) IN THE NIGHT?
Q-108 CAN WE TEACH VEDA MANTRAS TO THE BOYS BEFORE PERFORMING UPANAYANAM FOR THEM?
Q-109 CAN EVERYBODY OBSERVE UPAVASAM (FASTING) ON EKADASI DAY? WHEN CAN WE START THIS?
Q-110 WHY WE CALL VAIKUNTA EKADASI AS ‘MUKKOTA EKADASI’?
Q-111 WHY WE SHOULD NOT SLEEP WHEN SUN RISES ?
Q-112 WE SHOULD SLEEP IN WHICH DIRECTION?
Q-113 IF THE FOOD IS COOKED BEFORE THE ECLIPSE, CAN WE CONSUME IT AFTER THE ECLIPSE?
Q-114 CAN WE EAT IN THE LOTUS LEAF?
Q-115 HOW TO PREPARE ‘PANCHA GAVYAM’ (MIXTURE OF FIVE PRODUCTS FROM COW)?
Q-116 CAN WE SING THE VEDA MANTRAS IN MUSICAL TUNES TO PLEASE AUDIENCE?
Q-117 CAN WE PROSTRATE (‘NAMASKARAM’) TO A PERSON ELDER BY SIX MONTHS?
Q-118 DURING PROSTRATING (NAMASKARAM), WHEN CAN WE SAY ‘ABHIVADAYE’ (REVERENTIAL SALUTATIONS) AND TO WHOM?
Q-119 WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THE WORD ‘DRONA KALASAM’ MENTIONED IN ‘CHAMAKAM’ PART OF YAJUR VEDA?
Q-121 I AM UNABLE TO ARRANGE MARRIAGE OF MY DAUGHTER FOR A LONG PERIOD IN SPITE OF MY HECTIC EFFORTS. WHAT IS THE REMEDY FOR THIS?
Q-122 MY SON’S MARRIAGE IS GETTING DELAYED . WHAT CAN I DO FOR THIS?
Q-123 MY DAUGHTER COULD NOT GET A CHILD EVEN AFTER SO MANY DAYS OF HER MARRIAGE, WHAT CAN I DO FOR THIS ?
Q-124 MY DAUGHTER IS LIVING AWAY FROM HER HUSBAND . IS THERE ANY WAY TO UNITE THEM?
Q-125 WHAT SHOULD BE DONE TO MAKE OUR CHILDREN GOOD AND OBEDIENT?
Q-126 I SUFFER FROM INDIGESTION. WHAT CAN I DO FOR THIS?
Q-127 I GET LOT OF TROUBLE AND FEAR FROM MY ENEMIES. WHAT CAN I DO FOR THIS?
Q-128 WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR MY SON TO EXCEL IN HIS STUDIES?
Q-129 WHAT SHOULD I DO TO AVOID EYE PROBLEMS AND ANY EYE RELATED DISEASES?
Q-130 IF WE HAVE TO TRAVEL DURING DAYS OF "CHANDRASHTAMA", WHAT SHOULD WE DO AS A REMEDY?
SANDEHA NIVARANEE PART - 2
Q-64: WHICH IS THE PROPER TIME TO PERFORM ‘THARPANAM’ ON NEW MOON DAYS AND ALSO SHRADHAM (ANNUAL CEREMONY TO DEPARTED SOULS) ?
Q-65: WHEN WE PERFORM THARPANAM DURING NEW MOON DAY, SHOULD WE TAKE BATH ONCE AGAIN AFTER DAILY PUJA AND MORNING BATH ALREADY TAKEN?
Q-66. HOW TO DISPOSE THE WATER AND SESAME AFTER DOING THARPANAM?
Q-67: WHEN WE TRAVEL OUT OF STATION, IF WE ARE UNABLE TO DO THARPANAMS ON ANY NEW MOON DAY, CAN WE DO THE SAME ON ANY OTHER DAY? IS IT A SIN TO MISS THARPANAM?
Q-68: WHEN CAN WE USE BLACK SESAME FOR THARPANAMS?
Q-69: IS THERE ANY SPECIFICATION ON HOW MUCH BLACK SESAME TO BE ADDED WIT WATER FOR THARPANAM?
Q-70: AMONG THARPANAM AND AUPASANAM, WHICH IS TO BE DONE FIRST ON MONTH BEGININING?
Q-71 WHICH IS THE MOST SUITABLE TIME TO DO THARPANAM DURING THE LUNAR AND SOLAR ECLIPSES?
Q-72 WHAT IS KNOWN AS ‘SHANNAVATHI THARPANAM‘ AND WHEN SHOULD WE DO THIS ?
Q-73. WHEN WE CAN START OUR SHANNAVATHI THARPANAM ?
Q-74 CAN WE DO THARPANAM ON NEW MOON DAY OCCURING IMMEDIATELY A MARRIAGE OR UPANAYANAM?
Q-75 AN EXTRA MONTH (‘ADHIK MASAM‘) HAS OCCURED IN 2005. THEREFORE, DURING SANKALPA FOR MAHALAYA PAKSHAM, SHOULD WE SAY "PANCHAMA" OR "SAPTHAMA" PARA PAKSHA" FOR THARPANAM IN MAHALAYA PAKSHAM IN 2005?
Q-76 SOME PEOPLE SAY that we need not do Brahma Yagnam during Tharpanam on the Tamil month BEGINING. Is it CORRECT?
Q-77 THERE IS NO CUSTOM IN OUR FAMILY TO DO EITHER HIRANYA SRADDHAM OR THARPANAM DURING MAHALAYA PAKSHAM. Can I do Mahalayam NOW?
Q-78 PEOPLE SAY THAT AFTER VISITING BANARAS AND AFTER PERFORMING GAYA SHRADDHAM, WE NEED NOT DO SHRADDHAM EVERY YEAR. IS IT CORRECT?
Q-79 I COULD NOT DO THE ANNUAL SRADDHAM FOR MY FATHER ON THE EXACT DAY OF THITHI. CAN I DO IT ON SOME OTHER DAY ?
Q-80 WHAT IS THE MANTHRA FOR SQUEEZING THE WET CLOTH AFTER FINISHING SHRADDHAM? WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO FOLLOW DURING THIS TIME?
Q-81 WE TAKE ONLY THITHY AS A PROPER DAY TO PERFORM SHRADHAM TO OUR FOREFATHERS. WHY NOT WE FOLLOW THE ANNIVERSARY OF FOREFATHERS AS PER ENGLISH OR TAMIL MONTH?
Q-82 I HAVE PERFORMED SRADDHAM FOR MY PARENTS FOR 25 YEARS. HOW MANY MORE YEARS I SHOULD DO THIS?
Q-83 I COULD NOT DO SRADDHAM ON THE DAY OF THITHI DUE TO SOME PROBLEM. BUT I HAVE GIVEN FOOD FOR SOME PEOPLE IN A CHARITY HOME. IS IT ENOUGH ?
Q-84 WHAT CAN I DO IF I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PERFORM SHRADHAM?
Q-85 WHEN THERE IS SOME IMPURITY (THEETU OR AASOUCHAM) IN MY HOUSE DUE TO SOME BIRTH OR DEATH OF A RELATIVE, CAN I PERFORM SRADDHAM IN MY HOUSE?
Q-86 I HAVE FORGOTTEN TO DO SRADDHAM ON THE EXACT DAY. WHAT CAN I DO NOW?
Q-88 CAN WE INVOKE A Brahmin OF SAME GOTHRA (lineage) OF THE DOER (kartha) for shradham?
Q- 89 WHAT ARE THE RULES TO BE FOLLOWED BY THE DOER (KARTA) OF SHRADHA?
Q-90 WHO ARE THE ‘NAANDHI PITHRUS’ (FOREFATHERS) ?
Q-91 CAN WE DO "NAANDHI SRADDHAM" DURING ANY AUSPICIOUS FUNCTIONS LIKE MARRIAGES OR UPANAYANAM, as tHIS seems to be AN INAUSPICIOUS RITUAL?
Q-92 SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE THE CUSTOM OF DOING NAANDHI IN THEIR FAMILY FUNCTIONS. IS IT RIGHT TO AVOID NAANDHI IN THEIR FUNCTIONS?
Q-93 WHAT ARE THE FUNCTIONS IN WHICH WE SHOULD PERFORM "NAANDHI"?
Q-94 HOW AND WHEN TO DO "NAANDHI"?
Q-95 CAN WE PERFORM "NAANDHI" WHEN OUR FATHER IS ALIVE?
Q-96 WHO SHOULD DO NAANDHI DURING ONE’S MARRIAGE?
Q-97 WHEN A THIRD PERSON OF DIFFERENT GOTHRA (LINEAGE) OTHER THAN HIS FATHER PERFORMS UPANAYANAM OF A BOY, IS NANDHI DONE FOR THE FOREFATHERS OF THE DOER OR THE BOY?
Q-98 CAN WE DO "NAANDHI" ON THE PREVIOUS DAY OF THE MARRIAGE OR UPANAYANAM?
Q-99 I HAVE NO SON OR DAUGHTER. WHO WILL DO THE LAST RITES TO ME AFTER MY DEATH?
Q-100 WHEN our relative has passed away, NoNE OF THE family cAME forward to do the LAST RITES. Can we ask anybody ELSE to PERFORM LAST RITES by paying some money?
Q-101 WHAT IS THE DATE OF THE EVENT OF ANY BIRTH OR DEATH OCCURING IN MID NIGHT?
Q-102 A POPULAR JOURNAL FROM A REPUTED MUTT HAS SAID THAT WE CAN DO SHRADHAM IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES ALSO. IS IT CORRECT?
+91 44 2436 1210 / 1211