CATEGORY AGE LIMIT SONGS TIME
1. Sub-Juniors 7 to 10 years 3 songs (Carnatic Classical) (4 Minutes) 8 Am
2. Juniors 11-13 years 5 Kritis (Carnatic Classical) (5 Minutes) 9 Am
3. Sub – Seniors 14 - 17 years1 Varnam and 5 Kritis of Trinity ( 5 Minutes)(2 Kritis of thygaraja, 2 Kritis of Muthuswamy Dikshatar and 1 Krithi of Shyma Sastri) 10 Am
4. Seniors *18 years and Above 1 Varnam and any 3 Kritis with Ragam and Swaram (for 10 Minutes) 11.30 Am
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Participants should indicate clearly the category they are eligible to participate.
2. Participants should perform the songs specified in category wise.
3. Participants should bring their own Shruthi box for the competition.
4. All participants are required to report 30 minutes before the time mentioned.
5. Participants will be provided lunch and snacks by the organisers..
6. The Judges decision will be final.
7. All contestants will be given participation certificates. Prize winners will be awarded during the function. Prize winners of Sub – Seniors and Seniors will be given a chance to perform live for 5 minutes in Function. (Date will be announced during the competition)
8. Participants should come in Traditional Dress only
9. * Participants of other categories may also apply for SENIORS LEVEL (if Interested)
10. Competition will be held on Sunday, October 19th, 2015.
Last date for submission of completed application form is 3rd October 2015.
Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted. A registration fee of Rs.100/- per applicant needs to be paid at the time of submission of the form. Completed forms should be sent to :
“Vaithikasri” Post Box No.1456, New No.488, Old No.175,
TTK Road, Alwarpet, Chennai – 600 018 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org